Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scarf washing now!! Yay now what to make??

Ok so the cashmere is taking a bath as we speak and I am going to work  on the pattern in a few.  I have to finish that green sweater but, I love to work a bunch of projects at once.  I guess my mind never stops.  So on Tuesday, my friend Cindy and I went to Newbury yarns in Boston.  We were treated wonderfully and of course I could not leave without some type of yarn.  I selected Jade Sapphire's Lambswool.  It terrifically soft and it is a pale green.  I will need to see what I can create with this dainty lace yarn. 

I also still have tons of lace from knit picks and some mohair from Colourmart.  I am thinking right now about some fingerless gloves but, which yarn to use for those.  I think I need something with a soft look to give off a slightly romantic feel.  I am still working on it though.  When choosing yarns, I try to think about what I want the end product to look like.  So I will have to look through my stash and see what I can come up with. 

In the meantime I am excited to finish working on my pattern Swirl.  I am still writing up the pattern but, I hope to give knitters a new idea of what they can do with 1 or 2 balls of great sock yarn.  Swirl is created with Classic Elite's Alpaca Sox and it is really fun to work with.  The bloom helps the sweater and I can see knitters getting very different looks with this sweater from fluffy to sleek depending on their yarn selection.

Here is a photo of Swirl -


Hopefully, I will have the pattern listed this weekend along with my cashmere scarf which I am leaving a surprise for today.

Off to block - my favorite!!!  :)

Happy Knitting!

No comments: